UGANDA PASSPORT APPLICATIONS
PROCEDURE FOR PASSPORT APPLICATION
Please follow the steps below to make an online passport application.
Step 1. Navigate to the passport portal
Step 2. Click the Start New Application link to start a new application .
Step 3. Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
Step 4. Answer simple security questions.
Step 5: Complete the passport application form.
Step 6: Print Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
Step 7: Make payments for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method.
Step 8: Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the Schedule Appointment link on the home page.
Step 9: Print Passport Application Appointment Form.
Step 10: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the appropriate application requirements displayed on the website for enrolment
Passport Application System
Apply for a passport!
All payments must be complete to proceed
Check application status / Schedule collection
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
The Consular Section is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m-1.00 p.m except during public holidays of Uganda and public Holidays of South Africa.
NB: Any fees deposited is not refundable.
A. RENEWAL OF PASSPORT
1. Applicant should obtain Passport application Form G and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office or download on the Immigration website: www.immigration.go.ug
2. Fill in the form in clear handwriting
3. The applicant should then visit any URA revenue collection bank and pay passport fees.
The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for Ordinary Passports and UGX 150,000 for Express Processing making the total of UGX400,000), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges.
4. You will be issued with a bank receipt which you will attach on your application.
5. File your documents in a manila file folder and present them IN PERSON to the receiving officers at the Passport Receiving Section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or your nearest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office. A receiving Slip will be issued to you indicating your receiving code and file number.
Warning: Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Applications submitted by Middlemen will not be accepted/received.
6. Collect your passport in Person after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2)working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer.
You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
Please note that passports may be renewed six months before the expiry date.