SIFA ZA KUJISAJILI NA KUFANYA MTIHANI WA FORM TWO FTNA
THE NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA (NECTA)
After Tanzania Mainland had pulled out of the East African Examinations Council, in 1971 and before NECTA was established by Law, in 1973, the Curriculum and Examinations Section of the Ministry of Education was responsible for all examinations.
With the establishment of NECTA, the Examinations became its responsibility in accordance with the law.
The Curriculum continued to be under the Ministry of Education and the University College, Dar es Salaam until when it was taken over by the newly established, autonomous Institute of Curriculum Development (ICD) in 1975, which in 1993 was renamed the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE).
FORM TWO NATIONAL ASSESSMENT (FTNA)
This is an achievement test offered to candidates who have completed two years of secondary education.
The Examination Calendar
FTNA is administered at the End of November every year.
The objectives of FTNA
The objectives of this examination are:
1. To assess students’ skills and knowledge achieved in different subjects at secondary school.
2. To weigh the extent to which the student can use the skills gained to meet the social, political, economic and technological challenges for the individual and the national development at large
3. To identify students with the capacity to continue learning to the Ordinary secondary school level (Form Three and Four)
4. The holder of the CSEE qualification is expected to be able to apply skills of knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation in a broad range of activities.
Eligibility of Candidates who Seats for the Examination
<> Any students who have completed Two Years studies of secondary education at both government and non-government registered schools
<> Also, repeaters of the same examination who registered
Examined Subjects / Courses
1. The core and compulsory subjects that a candidate is registered to sit for CSEE are:
- English Language
- Biology and Basic Mathematics.
2. Candidate may also sit for additional two subjects chosen from natural science subjects which are:
3. or Business subjects which are:
- Book Keeping
4. Home economic subjects which are:
- Food and Nutrition
- Textile and Dress Making
5. or Technical subjects which are:
- Building Construction
- Architectural Draughting
- Carpentry and Joiner
- Brickwork and Masonry
- Painting and Sign Writing
Technical subjects Continue
- Electrical Installation
- Electrical Engineering Science
- Radio and Television Servicing
- Electrical Draughting
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Plant and Equipment Maintenance
Technical subjects Continue
- Workshop Technology
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Fitting and Turning, Auto Electric
- Mechanical Draughting and Foundry
6. And one optional subject among the following:
- Bible Knowledge
- Elimu ya Dini ya Kiislamu
- Fine Art
- Physical Education
- French Language
- Arabic Language
- Agricultural Science
- Information and Computer Studies
- Additional Mathematics.
NB: No candidate for the CSEE shall register for more than ten subjects at one sitting.
Each subject has an examination format which describes the structure of the examination paper, rubric and the content in which that particular examination covers.
The details of subjects examined are shown in individual examinations formats that can be accessed in the examination formats link.